Saturday, April 26, 2008

My letter to Dr. Curvy

A few people have asked me whether I tried to make direct contact with Bambi's folks, or if I'm just being petty by assuming the worst. It's an understandable question -- the internets are known for being the greatest communication tool that people don't use as a communication tool, right? But the first thing I did when I thought something was amiss was write to Dr. Curvy. For the record (and I'm surprised so many people are still talking to me about this whole thing, but maybe it struck a nerve), here's the complete text of that letter, sent April 14. I have not received a reply:

--

Heya...I got a note this morning that my subscription to bambiblazebelly.com was canceled; CCBill says it was terminated by the webmaster. I didn't request it, so I went to the site...and it seems I'm frozen out of the forums. When I attempt to log in, I get the following message:

"Sorry Inflate123, you are banned from using this forum!
linking to the EM & bambiblaze.com to spread disinformation & negative propoganda in order to promote his own agenda."

I got a similar message when I tried to get into ExpansionMansion.com tonight:

"Sorry Inflate123, you are banned from using this forum!
The user Inflate123 has been banned for linking from M & L Productions websites to his blog where he spreads disinformation & negative propaganda regarding M & L Productions in an effort to promote his own agenda."

That took me by surprise, so much so that I thought...is this a bug in the forum update? I saw a note that said it was tougher and more frustrating than expected so I figure anything is possible.

On the other hand...I don't want to jump too far in my logic but is this because about six weeks ago, I said on my blog that there were things I liked about Bambi's videos, and other things I'd like to see improved? If that's the case, it's just my opinion, and was not intended as "disinformation" or "negative propaganda." I honestly think the appearance of a second outfit willing to make inflation fetish videos is a good thing. I've been helping to build this online community for well over a decade -- I sure would like to see it continue to grow, including commercially. I really hope this interpretation isn't what's happened, because I link to my blog from most of the forums I frequent as well as emails -- it's just part of how I like to stay active in the community. This was not some sort of targeted attack or attempt to discredit your efforts. Plus, there are exactly zero comments on that post, which means that the few people who did read it didn't care enough about it to reply. If this is a reaction to that post...it's the only one.

But again, I don't want to overreact to something that might just be a mistake, and we've always been cordial, so drop me a note and let me know what's going on when you get the chance. Thanks.

Dan

No comments: