Saturday, May 03, 2008

History of BE

Amazingly, someone wrote down a brief history of how the BE/inflation community got its start. The first stories I read were written by Dr. Enlarge; the first two people I met were Buster (who now runs BalloonBuddies.com) and Sievert (who retains a quiet dignity). I think we might actually meet face to face soon, after all these years. I have only done that with a handful of people in the community, by choice -- I met Dr. Enlarge, and I met Lucky and didn't realize I was meeting him at the time! -- but I've always wanted to meet Sievert, the one person who always felt like my brother from another mother. I'm a bit nervous.

I have always wondered what happened to ACotto; did he get bored? Did he get scared? Did he pass away? His creation of a common file archive really did establish the foundation and we really owe him a debt of gratitude.

No comments: